The student voice of St. George's Independent School.

Annual Cooper Young Festival brings life to Memphis

• Festival attendees visit the Hand Lettered with Love booth. This year's annual Cooper Young Festival was held on Saturday, Sept. 19. (Photo: Annie Vento)
  • A festival attendee holds a sign offering free hugs. The annual event is the largest one-day festival in the city of Memphis. (Photo: Annie Vento)
  • Crowds of people roam Cooper Street and visit the variety of booths. An estimated 135,000 people attended this year's Cooper Young Festival. (Photo: Annie Vento)
  • Visitors interact with GrrlPunch staff at their booth. GrrlPunch, an online magazine for girls, was created in Feb. 2015 by Lucy Hargrove, a senior at St. Agnes. (Photo: Annie Vento)
  • Artists and writers advertise an opportunity to receive a poem or short story on the spot. This year's annual Cooper Young Festival was held on Saturday, Sept. 19. (Photo: Annie Vento)
  • A man entertains the hundreds of thousands of people at the Cooper Young Festival. The annual event is the largest one-day festival in the city of Memphis. (Photo: Annie Vento)
  • A shirt at a retail clothing booth reads, "A bad day in Midtown is better than a good day in Germantown." Booths at this year's Cooper Young Festival ranged from activism and art to a variety of food offerings. (Photo: Annie Vento)
  • Musicians from Azbest Studios entertain festival goers at the festival. Booths at this year's Cooper Young Festival ranged from activism and art to a variety of food offerings. (Photo: Annie Vento)
  • Volunteers inform people about the Choose 901 movement. The Choose 901 campaign was created to share the opportunities, offerings and essence of Memphis to everyone. (Photo: Annie Vento)
  • Chalk art at the Cooper Young Festival reads, "Thank you 4 existing." The annual event is the largest one-day festival in the city of Memphis. (Photo: Annie Vento)

Annie Vento, Editor-in-Chief