The student voice of St. George's Independent School.

Say “bye bye” to regular rehearsals

Cast and crew of "Bye Bye Birdie" prepare during dress rehearsal

Caroline Zummach, Staff Writer

On Friday through Saturday, Nov. 6 through 8, St. George’s thespians will open their all-school fall musical, “Bye Bye Birdie.” Students can get in free with a canned good, and otherwise tickets are $5 for students and $10 for teachers.

• The cast and crew of Bye Bye Birdie prepare for the upcoming show. Bye Bye Birdie premieres on Friday, Nov. 6 and runs to Sunday, Nov. 8. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • Sophomores Bennett Matson and Margo Valadie prepare for Bye Bye Birdie. Bye Bye Birdie premieres on Friday, Nov. 6 and runs to Sunday, Nov. 8. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • The band prepares to perform the music for the production. Bye Bye Birdie premieres on Friday, Nov. 6 and runs to Sunday, Nov. 8. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • Senior Sutton Hewitt does junior Caroline Blossom's makeup for the upcoming performance of Bye Bye Birdie. Bye Bye Birdie premieres on Friday, Nov. 6 and runs to Sunday, Nov. 8. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • Senior Grant Webb works on the lighting design for Bye Bye Birdie. Bye Bye Birdie premieres on Friday, Nov. 6 and runs to Sunday, Nov. 8. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • The cast and crew of Bye Bye Birdie prepare backstage for the dress rehearsal. Bye Bye Birdie premieres on Friday, Nov. 6 and runs to Sunday, Nov. 8. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • The cast and crew of Bye Bye Birdie prepare backstage for the upcoming show. Bye Bye Birdie premieres on Friday, Nov. 6 and runs to Sunday, Nov. 8. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • Seventh-grader Jack Vento and junior Robert Grissom pose together in costume. Bye Bye Birdie premieres on Friday, Nov. 6 and runs to Sunday, Nov. 8. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • Eighth-grader Thandie Boudreaux waits backstage before dress rehearsal begins. Bye Bye Birdie premieres on Friday, Nov. 6 and runs to Sunday, Nov. 8. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • Seniors Peyton Smith and Ellie Babb help each other backstage prior to the dress rehearsal. Bye Bye Birdie premieres on Friday, Nov. 6 and runs to Sunday, Nov. 8. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • The cast and crew of Bye Bye Birdie wait backstage before dress rehearsal begins. Bye Bye Birdie premieres on Friday, Nov. 6 and runs to Sunday, Nov. 8. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • Seventh-grader Jack Vento smiles backstage. Bye Bye Birdie premieres on Friday, Nov. 6 and runs to Sunday, Nov. 8. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • Junior Caroline Blossom, and sophomore Emma Pounders wait backstage for their time onstage. Bye Bye Birdie will perform this weekend. Bye Bye Birdie premieres on Friday, Nov. 6 and runs to Sunday, Nov. 8. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • The cast and crew of Bye Bye Birdie smile together before dress rehearsal begins. Bye Bye Birdie premieres on Friday, Nov. 6 and runs to Sunday, Nov. 8. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • Sound team member and sophomore Merryn Ruthling helps Emma Pounders with her mic. Bye Bye Birdie premieres on Friday, Nov. 6 and runs to Sunday, Nov. 8. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • Senior Sutton Hewitt prepares for her next scene during intermission. Bye Bye Birdie premieres on Friday, Nov. 6 and runs to Sunday, Nov. 8. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • Junior Robert Grissom and senior Sutton Hewitt sing a number from the show during dress rehearsal. Bye Bye Birdie premieres on Friday, Nov. 6 and runs to Sunday, Nov. 8. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • Junior Robert Grissom, seniors Mary Helen McCord and Noah Woods, junior Audrey Pisahl, and eighth-grader Thandie Boudreaux perform a scene from the show. Bye Bye Birdie premieres on Friday, Nov. 6 and runs to Sunday, Nov. 8. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • The band, led by Mr. Dennis Whitehead Darling, prepares to perform the music for the production. Bye Bye Birdie premieres on Friday, Nov. 6 and runs to Sunday, Nov. 8. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • Seniors Ellie Babb and Peyton Smith perform alongside junior Robert Grissom and senior Sutton Hewitt during dress rehearsal. Bye Bye Birdie premieres on Friday, Nov. 6 and runs to Sunday, Nov. 8. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • The crew of Bye Bye Birdie work on decorations. Bye Bye Birdie premieres on Friday, Nov. 6 and runs to Sunday, Nov. 8. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)