The student voice of St. George's Independent School.

St. George’s students partner with MedLife in Peru

• High school students post in front of ancient Incan remains. Students from the upper school ventured to Peru to partner with MedLife to bring medical care to low-income families. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • The tour guide, Osvoldo explains to junior Avery Whitehead about the bridge they are standing on. Students from the upper school ventured to Peru to partner with MedLife to bring medical care to low-income families. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • Spanish students pose in front of Machu Picchu for a photo. Students from the upper school ventured to Peru to partner with MedLife to bring medical care to low-income families. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • Locals coming home from school wave at the bus as the students drive by. Students from the upper school ventured to Peru to partner with MedLife to bring medical care to low-income families. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • Students look at local markets and stands for sweaters and blankets. Students from the upper school ventured to Peru to partner with MedLife to bring medical care to low-income families. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • Students visited the Andes, which is also the name of a delicious candy. Students from the upper school ventured to Peru to partner with MedLife to bring medical care to low-income families. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • Juinor Megan Lenoir and sophomores Amelia Griffin and Caroline Zummach put the flowers from their dinner in their hair at Morena Peruvian Kitchen. Students from the upper school ventured to Peru to partner with MedLife to bring medical care to low-income families. (Photo: Katherine Clayton)
  • Students pose for a picture in front of the city of Cusco. Students from the upper school ventured to Peru to partner with MedLife to bring medical care to low-income families. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • Students pose in front of one of the largest Incan stones in Peru. Students from the upper school ventured to Peru to partner with MedLife to bring medical care to low-income families. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • Freshman Elianna Hills and senior Katherine Clayton go down a slide carved into a rock in Peru. Students from the upper school ventured to Peru to partner with MedLife to bring medical care to low-income families. (Photo: Jason Hills)
  • Junior Grace Optican hugs a local goodbye as she leaves the project site. Students from the upper school ventured to Peru to partner with MedLife to bring medical care to low-income families. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • The group poses in their scrubs in the village that they were working in. Students from the upper school ventured to Peru to partner with MedLife to bring medical care to low-income families. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • Freshmen Ann Wallace Scott and Kate Murphy kiss a llama at a local zoo in Peru. Students from the upper school ventured to Peru to partner with MedLife to bring medical care to low-income families. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • Spanish II teacher, Ms. Freya Kridle and senior Katherine Clayton smile in Morena Peruvian Kitchen. Students from the upper school ventured to Peru to partner with MedLife to bring medical care to low-income families. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • Freshmen Kate Murphy and Ann Wallace Scott and sophomore Emily Grace Rodgers sit on a swing set in the local village. Students from the upper school ventured to Peru to partner with MedLife to bring medical care to low-income families. (Photo: Caroline Zummach)
  • Sophomore Caroline Zummach tries to feed a llama. Students from the upper school ventured to Peru to partner with MedLife to bring medical care to low-income families. (Photo: Julia Fogel)